In the previous article, we have taken a closer look into understanding the pros of static and dynamic websites! Gone are the days when businesses used to have dynamic websites to move characters, all across the landing page. Small and large organizations have both shifted to using static websites these days.
A static website is built with the help of HTML and CSS, which does not involve scripting. Changing the content that shows the source code needs to be edited directly! Changing the content on dynamic web pages involves changing both the back-end and the front-end.
Dynamic websites help to interact with the database and help to serve the content, unlike static websites! A static website is different from dynamic websites, as the content remains the same on each visit to the website. Whereas, for a dynamic website the content changes with every visit.
So, what has caused this shift in popularity from dynamic websites to static websites? Let’s figure out the major reasons, why there has been a dramatic shift in the choice of preferences, shall we?
Some of the major reasons for choosing a static website are:
1. More Secure:
Without the utilization of a database, static websites are incredibly secure as the threat of code injection is absolutely minimal. For static websites, there is no need for plugins and dynamic software in hosting the website.
- Static websites are more secure than dynamic websites, as they do not rely on CMS plugins.
- Active or Dynamic websites are more prone to get hacked due to multiple content sources and plugins.
- It is a well-known fact that WordPress sites are more at risk of getting hacked due to various content sources and plugins, with a staggering 70% hack rate.
2. Incredibly Reliable:
- You must have come across a message which says that “A connection must be established.” This type of error occurs because of database errors.
- When you serve basic HTML files, it makes it easier to host them anywhere with ease! Reliability is a key factor that is important and static websites are a good choice.
- In case there is an attack on the server, a static website gets redirected to the closest node, unlike dynamic websites which may go down quite easily.
3. Higher Speed:
- Static websites are at least ten times faster than a dynamic website, which is built with the help of CMS.
- Static websites are able to run faster, as it can be served from the closest node to the browser.
- Speed is a major factor as the absence of a database or middlemen can make the website even more speedy and easy to load.
- 47% of people expect the website to load within 2 seconds and more than 40% of people will not wait for the website to load more than 3 seconds.
- Static websites help to get more traffic by reducing the abandonment rate, due to slow loading pages.
4. Better Hosting & Affordability:
Static websites are more affordable and have better-hosting facilities. Basic HTML files require less space in making the hosting of websites, cheaper compared to dynamic websites.
Companies and organizations which utilize static websites help to save up on costs and channel resources into integrating Git or automating builds, in incorporating the latest changes in the system.
5. Greater Scalability:
When your website is finally up and running as it can handle massive traffic on a dynamic website, as it can be an incredibly cumbersome process. This helps to process it require complex code on the server.
Some of the static websites are so basic in nature with the help of HTML websites, which can be easily scaled up with the help of increasing the overall bandwidth.
In conclusion, these are the 5 best reasons to choose a static website. In the next article, we will be taking a closer look into dynamic websites and the various benefits of choosing a Dynamic website.