Hello there! I have a simple question for you.
Do you know what is the most profitable yet effective method of earning, all from the comfort of your home?
Yes, that’s right! It’s online marketing and today you will learn about how to create an effective marketing campaign.
We will be covering the essentials of what online marketing is and how it has changed the landscape of traditional marketing by revamping the way we promote products and services to the right target audience.
TABLE OF CONTENT:
- Introduction to Online Marketing
- Understanding SEO
- Understanding On-Page SEO
- Understanding Off-Page SEO
Chandler Bolt: A study of successful online marketing
Let’s start with the story of Chandler Bolt, a 21-year-old who dropped out of college in 2013, by helping people publish books on Amazon.
With this venture, he has made hundreds of thousands of dollars, all without graduating from college. Seems crazy, doesn’t it?
His venture called Self-Publishing School has helped thousands of people publish books on Amazon and helping them build careers from it. In the past, it was important to be an extrovert and marketing involved you to be always involved with people by constantly talking to people face to face. Now, with the advent of online marketing, the whole landscape has completely changed.
What is Online marketing?
Online marketing is a fairly new concept that has revolutionized the way businesses choose to interact and reach out to new audiences. Online marketing can simply be defined as a strategy or tool to make your business or organization to reach the ideal customer base.
Basically, you want to connect your business, company or your organization to your customers. Rather than spending your money to reach out to a wide audience and hoping to find your target audience, online marketing is specific and targeted.
This is what separates online marketing from traditional marketing.
What are the different aspects involved in online marketing?
There are many different aspects involved in the process of online marketing. All these factors are correlated with improving your online marketing campaigns. They are:
- Search Engine Optimisation (SEO): This is the process of optimizing your content online to ensure that, search engines show it at the top for rankings of a certain keyword.
- Search Engine Marketing (SEM): The paid version of SEO can be simply defined as search engine marketing. As a marketer, you need to make sure that your ads are being displayed on the search results. The higher the ranking of your search results, the more visible your ads will be to everyone.
- Pay-Per-Click (PPC): This is another form of marketing which is similar to search engine marketing. You can use social media to create ads which work seamlessly into feeds, allowing you to publish your ads online to your audience and pay only when people click on your ads.
- Affiliate Marketing: This is another form of marketing where you can share products or services by promoting them and earning a commission for promoting these products.
- Email Marketing: One of the older forms of marketing is still relevant to this day, as you can provide value to your customers with the help of marketing through emails.