Technological advancements such as the Internet, mobile phones, tablets, TV, movies, and video games have improved the general living standards of people for the past few decades. It is a given that people would have been confined to their geographical boundaries without technology. Technology, therefore, has had its impact on the world on an unprecedented scale.
AI in marketing:
Going a step further, today, it is perceived that any organization or company should integrate technology and artificial intelligence (AI) for its survival. These companies are judged by the emphasis they place on technology and AI to put across a strategic, forward-thinking perspective. AI too like technology is omnipresent and has made inroads into our mobiles, cars, healthcare systems, banks, media, retail shops, everywhere.
So what role does AI play for a marketer? There are a lot of things a marketer can achieve with AI-driven programs incorporated into marketing. AI-powered marketing programs can lead to:
- Improvement in the average sales cycle
- Rise in cross-sell and up-sell revenues
- Greater return on marketing investments’
- Lesser cost of customer service
- The superior customer experience (CX)
Customer Experience (CX) has taken a center stage in all marketing activities of late. Thanks to the advancement of technology and AI, customer experience will soon become analytics and data-driven. With the constant interaction between man and machine, AI would be more intuition driven and that will, in turn, have meaningful use of big data. Marketers can expect a more immersive and wholesome CX with AI leading the charge.
Artificial intelligence has its ways to enhance customer experience and delivers on key performance indicators (KPI). AI can:
- Mine text data at scale
- Get superior real-time insights from images, video, and voice.
- Access to better actionable insights.
- Support marketers to do better advertising, cross-device targeting, coupling machine learning (ML) and deep learning (DL)
- Engages in personalizing loyalty programs for hotels, airlines, retail sectors, etc.
- Help in product and service recommendations.
- Bring out a narrative to the petabytes of data that has been stored
- Assist in attendance tracking, automated targeting, analyzing and optimizing marketing campaigns, dynamic content and smart tagging.
By incorporating artificial intelligence in marketing technology, businesses can procure measurable financial results, by enhancing customer experience and fetching brand differentiation. To give you a perspective, it is said that customer experience is going to be the biggest differentiation between products and service in days to come. Tomorrow’s customer relationships will be managed without human intervention.
AI’s impact on customer experience:
The direct impact of AI in marketing will be on customer experience operations teams. With AI in the picture, routine jobs will be automated. In those areas where human intelligence dominates, it cannot be challenged. The reason for artificial intelligence being used in marketing is to improve the customer experience and therefore help customers feel known and valued.
Any organization, company or business needs to test, re-test and test again, the AI programs from the customers’ viewpoint. The only thing worse than not using artificial intelligence for customer experience is using it poorly.