Artificial intelligence is everywhere, and its presence is something we cannot deny. Apart from its involvement in business and making our day to day lives more comfortably, it also influences public relations. It is used as a powerful tool for building customer relationships.
Public Relation is like a tradition in which the flow of information to and from between individuals or organizations to the public, leaving it in the public’s hands for public opinions. To stick in PR, an individual should handle corporate relations and be in a place to perceive brands.
Artificial Intelligence and Public Relations
As we all know, artificial intelligence has the power to change the way we look at public Relation and communications related to marketing. AI is an Umbrella term used to refer to anything that sees, reads writes, moves, or analyses data like or better than humans.
It is not a mere question of whether AI influences our personal lives or not because we are enslaved by it without even knowing its presence. How AI impacts one’s professional life when it comes to public relations is a question to be answered.
How AI influences PR
- Human interaction is one of the essential things that make Public Relation possible. Ironically, artificial intelligence is making it possible in a very successful manner as it helps produce press releases and media reports with its ability to write like a human. It leads to performing advanced humane reading and responding to news articles or videos and social media posts and comments, improving the communication between the brand and its potential customers.
- As human beings, we might forget names and places, businesses, events and brands. But AI can systematically order, store and tell them apart, from any document video or audio file. Along with this AI can convert speech to text and text to speech.
- Artificial Intelligence is ideal for broadcasting conferences, interviews, presentations and internal strategy meetings. In the case of international meetings, AI can help translate for better communication.
- The building of knowledge assistant or chat box is something brands do, and we are familiar with this since we use shopping apps like Amazon daily. It is another business strategy that helps PR, giving better insight into press and media questions.
- AI helps in identifying influencers for better communication with the mass. Presence of Artificial Intelligence makes it easier to target media outlets because it has better access and makes it easier than the traditional method of listing. Since it answers questions personally, journalists are left with a better understanding of situations. It also helps in managing and maintaining status online through constant rechecking of negative reviews as well.
Along with this, AI familiarizes with competitors’ data and progress, hence keeping the competition going. It has the gear up on print, broadcast and online channels since the introduction of new media has given a vast dimension to press releases.
It looks like PR’s future is in AI’s hands, and it is even helping to tell apart from deep fakes and helping brands build a strong relationship with their customers. Even though this can be used against people as well since personal information is entrusted to AI.
The question of how far one can trust machines comes forth, and as we know, humans are ultimately terrified of robots taking over the planet. Regardless of the fear, we live in harmony with AI since it helps to make our day-to-day tasks more manageable.
Looking at the benefits, AI gives Public Relations; we know that it is hard to pluck it out of any business and its system and our daily lives.