30 Sep 2022| ONPASSIVE
Avoid These Fatal Errors & Save Your Marketing Campaigns From Potential Loss
Your entrepreneurial journey can get exciting with the launch of some interesting marketing campaigns. Many factors go into this journey. Thereby, it becomes an exhilarating experience for you. However, entrepreneurs and brand managers tend to make several mistakes during the launch of marketing campaigns.
Initial marketing meetings are all about key decision-making. If marketers are not aware at this point, then they are bound to make inevitable mistakes. Thus, this blog is come up with a discussion on four kinds of fatal errors that can destroy marketing campaigns. Read through this blog to know more.
1. Not connecting the brand’s name to a category
Have you ever watched an advertisement for a brand, and you did not find the category where the product or service belongs? What do you think of such an ad? Viewers might remember your brand’s name through this ad, but they cannot decide how your product/service will improve their lives. Thus, it becomes crucial to connect the brand’s name to the category in every appearance of your campaign.
You can generate brand recall better when you mention the category of your product or service. Thereby, you can boost the practice of brand awareness.
Let consumers understand your product and service in a better light through each of your marketing campaigns.
2. Focusing more vanity metrics
If you are more concerned about the number of followers, likes, and comments you have got for your last ad on social media, then you must be paying more attention to vanity metrics.
Vanity metrics do not necessarily have any meaningful implications regarding the company’s core mission or company’s long-term growth. Mentioning them to friends and peers might make your brand look “cool.” But prioritizing them and ignoring other core aspects might cost you valuable marketing resources.
3. Not performing A/B tests
One of the imperative parts of any marketing campaign is measuring its performance. And by conducting A/B or split tests, you can identify what’s working and what’s not working. Thereby, you can refine your campaign and make it effective.
You must be wondering, what’s the difference you will see by performing A/B tests. Let’s assume an example here. You have created an email campaign with two different subject lines intended to send out to two different kinds of audiences. If the first subject line receives an open rate of 90% and the other one just receives an open rate of 10%, then you can easily pick the first subject line for your campaign. This is a small example, but it describes what kind of impact performing A/B tests could have on your marketing campaigns.
4. Not targeting the right audience
It’s very critical to identify and target the right kind of audience. Because all your marketing efforts would go in vain if you present your best to the wrong audience, instead, focus on the audience who will be interested in what you are offering and provide them with what is of high quality and value.
This becomes even more crucial for startups as their budget for marketing campaigns might not be as high as that of their competitors. But by focusing on the right audience, they can optimize their budget and derive desired outcomes.
We have discussed the mistakes or fatal errors that can destroy marketing campaigns in this blog. Understand the potential implications of each of these mistakes. Work towards correcting them and make your marketing campaigns effective and successful.
Implementation, and management, we are here to accelerate innovation and transform businesses. Contextual marketing is a modern marketing strategy to communicate the correct message to the ...
Tags: Technology Artificial Intelligence