Before we suggest you the list of best web hosting service providers existing currently, let us first understand what “Web Hosting” is. It might sound a very tech-savvy topic, but we will try to keep it as simple as possible.
Web Hosting is an internet service which allows a company or an individual to launch a website on the internet, whereas, a Web Host is a company that provides the technologies and services required for a website to be viewed on the internet. The Web host buys space on a server to store and display contents of a site as expected at the user end. Contents could be images, information, videos, blogs, etc.
There are multiple services that a website hosting company could offer as a bundle:
- Domain name Registration: A website can be hosted only after the domain name has been registered. It is not necessary that a web hosting company would be the same service provider which allowed you to register your domain name. Both of these activities can be performed using different service providers.
For example, you might choose to register a domain name using GoDaddy but might opt for HostGator to host the website.
Reason of selecting different hosting service providers could depend on the price range they offer or their marketplace specific performance like Page loading speed, Uptime, etc.
- Email Accounts: Web Hosting companies provide services to create professional business email accounts. It can depend on you whether you want to choose an individual plan with limited storage or team plan offering extended storage.
- Website Building tools: Some hosting sites are linked with Online Website Builders, such as WordPress, that would allow you to create a full-fledged functional website in a few hours.
- Storage: Usually, hosting plans come with fewer data storage capacity. However, as you go up with the plan, you will find unlimited storage offered by the hosting companies.
- SSL Services: Secure Sockets Layer, or simply SSL, is a protocol that provides a secured connection over the internet.
How Web Hosting Helps an Online Business to Succeed?
Many Web Hosting sites offer features, such as business email accounts and SSL, which inject confidence in the visitors that the website which they are visiting is secured and professional.
There are more than 1.5 billion websites today, out of which less than 200 million are active. In such a vast network, it is necessary that you stay competitive and encourage your visitors to keep visiting you.
That’s why many Web Hosting sites are offering plans with website building options that allow a user not only to host the website but also design it. Hosting sites are collaborating with Content Management Systems (CMS), which make it easy for new small scale businesses or Startups to get online in just a few hours. Not only developing a website is just a few clicks away, but it is very cost-effective as well.
Thus, when you are planning to go online, you will have to use Web Hosting services. Without hosting your domain, the customers or visitors cannot access contents on your website.
Different Web Hosts who offer hosting services are:
However, ONPASSIVE is an upcoming web hosting provider and a technologically advanced company, which will allow you to register domain names and also allow you to use web hosting plans for free for its registered founders. Other services that you will be available for you as a Founder are – Free SSL certificates, Templates for website designs, Plugins for website functions, URL shortening tools (TrimURL), Email Accounts and Email Marketing options, etc.