People use a website by clicking a mouse someplace or by tapping on a mobile phone. These clicks and taps serve them to navigate through different pages and discover the products, services, or information they’re seeking.
In this article, we will cover how to track users’ clicks, the advantages, and shortcomings of click maps, how any business can use them to enhance the user experience:
What is a click map?
A click map is a sort of your business website heat map which reveals which category users clicked on the website. Click maps support website owners to track on-page what users are engaging themselves with, like the clicks on any button, link, image, etc. over the website, which then helps them optimize their pages and call-to-action for improved conversion.
Clickmaps utilization is done by user experience (UX) designers and marketers to classify possibilities to increase conversions, fixing of bugs, and create a more improved website layout. The ability to apply the data to enhance your business website’s experience and efficiency, you have to understand how to study and evaluate a clickmap data.
Why use a website clickmaps?
With the help of heat clickmaps, you can glance at where your website’s visitants click the most for a better understanding of your site’s underperforming CTAs, which must be changed. Clickmap showcases your visitors’ engagement data visually to know the areas of improvement and also identify bugs.
Click maps are a significant click tracking mechanism that assists you in detecting factors where users’ engagement is more or less within your website’s pages and quantifies visitors’ action designs. It will enable you to see wherever visitors clicked on CTAs or sometimes unexpected elements, which in return provides you with a stable starting point for UX enhancement.
How to use click maps on your website:
- Click on the plus button to create a new heatmap.
- Provide the heatmap with a name, usually when you are setting up more than one heatmap.
- Choose the number of pageviews a heatmap should capture.
- Add a single target page or multiple target pages with a basic layout.
- Click on the start or create a heatmap, and your clickmap will start performing live capturing of clicks.
How to Read and Understand Your Clickmaps:
Reading a clickmap is not that difficult as it sounds like, Red color means “Hot Topic” a lot of clicks and confetti dots mean a single click. Nevertheless, by knowing where visitors are clicking on your website is not the only purpose and the central target.
- Take care of any customer’s journey, starting from where the visitor reached your website and where it goes later on.
- The Component of your website page from where you are getting a higher engagement rate.
- Concerning the customer’s journey, the quality of traffic you can attract to your website.
Clickmaps are significant because of the resolutions a business can render from the clickmaps data. With the help of these resolutions, any business can stable or enhance its conversion rate. Whenever a business knows what they’re looking for in a clickmap, it transforms into more comfortable with making sense of the colors, dots, and numbers shown by clickmaps.