How Much do you Know About Different Types of Events Conducted by Big and Small Businesses? (Part 2)
Today, companies try to make events more
memorable and impactful, and the impact totally depends on the goals of
conducting such events. Most companies try to provide “more than just an
advertisement” experience to the participants of the events.
A well-planned event usually delivers a
lasting and powerful impression of a company or a brand and its products. When
companies allow prospects, clients and guests to experience and interact with them
directly in an event, then they actually create potential and loyal customers.
We covered 6 types of Events in the
previous article. Now, we will discuss the
remaining 6 event types that focus more on providing different experiences than
just creating brand awareness.
- Ceremonies: These are formal events organized to a brand or products in an elegant way with some fun and entertainment. Award ceremonies and annual meetings are good examples of gala events conducted by almost every company.
- VIP Events: If you want to please your
shareholders, premium customers and honoured guests, then we recommend you to
conduct a VIP event. At the same time, we would share a disclaimer that such
events could be expensive because companies spend huge to provide an exclusive
and impressive experience to such audiences.
- Team Building Events: If you want your
employees to work as a team then such events. These events could help you to
develop bond and collaboration among your employees. They understand respecting
other’s decisions and suggestions but at the same time try to focus on finding the
best solution for a problem.
- Job Fairs: Everyone is aware of this
event category. Many students across countries, states, universities and colleges
must have attended job fairs or recruitment events to give interviews and get
hired by companies. Such events are conducted mostly to hire fresh minds for
- Brand Activation: It is the process of
building awareness by interacting directly with the target audience and
consumers. Such events are usually theme-based and designed towards solving a
specific issue by directly engaging with the audience.
- Online Events: Such events are mostly
opted by companies which do not have high budgets and resource to conduct other
forms of events such as Trade Shows or Expos. Small companies and startups
prefer online for presentations and interacting with customers. There are
different types of virtual events:
- Webinars: Any discussion, presentation,
or workshop delivered via the web in real-time or on-demand is called a
characteristics of webinars are as followed:
- These can be private or public
based on preference and content of the company.
- Real-time webinars are mostly
interactive and use web-based conferencing tools to log in and join the
- These can be live sessions or
recorded events which can be accessed by the invitees.
- Webinars allow one-way
communication, mostly by the presenter, which are called as Webcasts. And in a
two-way communication session, the participants are provided with options and
tools to interact and present.
- Virtual events: Virtual events platforms contain features to manage delegates such as event news feeds, interactive agendas and capabilities to book meeting slots for representatives and delegates, share announcements and create real-time attendance lists. Virtual events have features of a physical event and contain interactive sessions.
- Live Streaming Events: These are trending online events that allow companies to go live, stream, record, and also engage with the audience through chat and social media functionalities.
If you can understand the difference
between these 12 different types of events, then you could make use of such
events for various marketing and business activities. Each marketing activity
should be associated with a respective event type which could deliver expected
and desired results.
Implementation, and management, we are here to accelerate innovation and transform businesses. Contextual marketing is a modern marketing strategy to communicate the correct message to the ...