Marketing automation boosts the effectiveness and efficiency of all your marketing efforts. It helps you reach out to the right people, engage them in a better way and nurture them, so they become your long-term customers. And all this with less manual intervention. Sounds great.
However, if you are a B2B company that has yet to realize all these benefits, read this article to introduce B2B marketing automation.
Let’s know what’s marketing automation.
Marketing automation is a holistic approach to thinking about your marketing. It is about how you follow up with your prospects, a strategy that enables you to get more things done with fewer resources on the marketing side, and a way of empowering your sales team.
As defined by Salesforce, marketing automation is a technology that helps businesses grow and prosper by tracking customer involvement and offering personalized experiences to individual customers across sales and marketing.
Besides that, a marketing automation platform that integrates with a CRM (customer relationship management) becomes even more powerful. It can then plan and offer personalized messages to each customer through emails, social media, landing pages, digital advertising, etc. This duo helps you pick the right time to deliver the right message-just to the right prospect.
Benefits of Marketing Automation
There several benefits of marketing automation for B2B businesses. Following are a few of them:
· Improve sales: Marketing automation improves overall sales. Thereby help you’re your revenue.
· Save your time: As with automation, your team gets more time to develop strategies and create revenue-generating campaigns.
· Boost staff ROI: Your team, with more time and a strategic approach, tend to boost their productivity. This, in turn, helps you see a higher return on investment (ROI) from your team.
· Raise customer engagement: Automation help you personalize your marketing campaigns for individual customers. Such type of targeted messaging over time engage prospects better, who eventually turn into customers.
· Provide deep insights into customer behaviour: Through analytical tools, marketing automation platforms predict future behaviours of their customers, which then help businesses develop strategies accordingly.
More than Emailing
While marketing automation focuses on emails heavily, it is more than just emails. The automation tools with the best of their capabilities can track, score and qualify the leads.
Besides that, you can find better landing page builders and various templates on marketing automation platforms. You can also create content that suits your brand with the help of unlimited design options available on the platform.
Marketing automation techniques
Following are some of the top marketing automation techniques:
- Lead flow/toast pop-ups
- Drip messaging
- Lead scoring
- Visitor activity tracking & flagging
- Meetings link (HubSpot or Calendly)
- Progressive profiling
- Lead nurturing
- Connections and tracking
Disadvantages of Automation
While there are numerous advantages of marketing automation, there are few disadvantages associated with deployment issues and the time required for its set-up.
Besides that, if you don’t have an ICP or ideal customer profile, you might encounter the mistake of nurturing the wrong prospects.
With more personalization, your messages might appear robotic or sometimes even slightly creepy. In turn, you may turn off potential prospects.
With several benefits, marketing automation tools are an excellent investment to be considered by B2B businesses. Its functionality outweighs the risks involved in the deployment of this platform. Thus, it would be best if you gave a shot at it. If you are not yet started with marketing automation, look closely at its applications and think about the change it could bring to better your enterprise. Now, get ready to accelerate the growth of your enterprise with modern marketing automation platforms.