In this article, we will learn about 5 successful strategies to improve your overall email marketing strategy! Email is one of the most popular platforms utilized by businesses and organizations across the world to get a return on your overall investment.
In this fast-paced world, where we get live updates for any kind of occurrences that occur across at an instant. Email still holds a lot of value as a form of marketing strategy with a 94% open rate and has a 30% click-through rate.
Here are five tried successful strategies for better email marketing campaigns:
1. Making sure your emails are personalized:
Personalized emails are incredibly successful and with the help of personalization, which can generate around 20 times for a single dollar invested. With the help of email marketing tools, you can measure, evaluate and track how email marketing campaigns work like.
As a brand, if you utilize personalization you already have a lead compared to other brands as 70% of brands do not even utilize personalization in their email marketing strategy.
Email subject lines are personalized with your customer’s name and is catered to the customer’s interests have a 16% higher open rate.
There are a few ways you can make sure how to get started with personalizing your emails such as:
- Getting the right information from your customers: You must strive to get data from customers such as the name, company and location to ensure that your emails are personalized from the get-go.
- Using a real-reply email address: It is better to use a real email address rather than not to reply email, as this will make you more authentic and credible.
- Utilizing a real email signature: You must include a real signature with the correct information within an email and give the best contact details in the email signature.
2. Segmenting your email subscribers:
This form of segmenting your email subscribers is an excellent form of sending out emails and you can send emails such as:
- Industry segmentation: This is one of the best methods of segmentation and goes a long way in segregating your email campaigns on the basis of the type of industry they are working in.
- Company size segmentation: By segmenting your customers on the basis of the company size or the annual revenue generated, this is a great way to get an increase in the response rates.
- Sales cycle segmentation: This is a great method of appealing to both the early stage buyers as well as the final stage buyers. Sharing product webinars or free trials is a great method of reaching out to both types of customers.
3. Sending out mobile-friendly emails:
You must always make sure that the emails that you send out are optimized for mobile as a large number of people check their email via their phone. If your emails are not optimized for your phone, then it will lead to some people not being able to view the emails.
4. Testing the different copy, designs and buttons:
Sending different variations of an email with changes in copy, design and buttons are a great way to see what kinds of emails are being opened up more. Some of the different methods of testing through email marketing are:
- Change in the address.
- Trying out the difference between plain text and HTML
- Trying out Long emails vs Short emails
5.Automating email campaigns whenever possible:
Email campaigns when automated are incredibly more successful when automated based on the behaviour of the users. Some types of automated email campaigns are:
- Welcome emails
- Thank you emails
- Transactional emails
- Receipt emails
- Order confirmation emails
Automating these type of emails helps in saving a lot of time in personally writing them out and have a much higher performance rate than traditional emails.
You can use email marketing tools such as MailChimp, Moosend, Sendinblue etc.
In conclusion, these are a few strategies that you can apply for your next email marketing strategy. We wish you the best of luck in the future for your next email marketing campaigns.