Artificial Intelligence is a technology that defines new-age paradigms of operating businesses in its entirety. It is a tool to automate and accomplish most of the low-valued HR functions to drive a more extensive focus on its strategic scope. AI has the power to transform from recruitment to talent management enhancing employee’s experience by manifolds through speedy and accurate processing of large volume of data.
AI capabilities are scaling new heights and drives with its functioning. Any organization’s success depends on how efficiently and effectively people, process, and technology combine and deliver values under optimal cost. AI helps in automating most of the back-office transactional work, thereby enabling quick service delivery. Team building through AI human machine
Definition of AI
AI is a technological tool that aims to help
solve cognitive issues and enable machines to “think like humans”.
Its core components are high-speed computation through complex machine
algorithms in handling and processing massive data volumes.
Two fundamental technologies drive AI:
- Machine Learning
- Deep Learning
Machine Learning and Human Resource
It is a branch of AI that enables to create
and make predictions based on specific data patterns and helps in decision
making. It is a concept of algorithms that learns through recorded data without
Critical areas of Machine learning in the HR context include:
- Study Employee Attrition: Find an employee at high risk of attrition by enabling HR with predictions engaged in conversations to retain.
- Personalized Feeds: Provides a customized user experience through predictive analysis by recommending a career path and training program.
- Detecting anomaly in data: Identifies events and observations that do not conform to a particular database pattern.
It is an advanced Machine Learning that
comprehends a large volume of data through neural network architectures. Deep
learning defines and set up basic parameters around data and leaves a computer
to learn on its own through patterns. It is capable of handling much extensive
and critical data.
Critical areas for deep learning in the HR
- Speech Identification: While it is challenging to comprehend varied human dialects and tonality, deep learning algorithms recognizes and responds to human voice inputs, by ensuring resolutions to given problems.
- Chatbots: NLP trains chatbots understanding human language, tone, and context and emerging as a vast capability to automate HR service deliveries.
Why is Artificial Intelligence chosen for HR?
- Enhanced Employee Experience: A high level of automation and a significant focus on employee experience around the environment can be achieved with AI. Employees expect a useful and constructive experience to come on board with personalized engagement and this can be made possible with an integration of technology with Human Resource functions. Consumer technologies shape employee experiences these days, and they are looking for options on how they wish to be engaged and supported to enhance every experience.
AI embeds into an entire employee lifecycle from recruitment and onboarding to HR service delivery and career path by providing better employee experiences.
- Data-Driven decision making: While HR technology is path-breaking and supported with real-time data available to businesses, many organizations rely on manual methods to draw insights and decisions from data. This task is aligned to data analysts and hence creates delays in getting insights.
AI enable HR teams to extract insights from data
and give recommendations on real-time. This also, removes many of the typical
human biased and inconsistencies of function as sensitive as Human Capital
Management. Thus, decisions with Artificial Intelligence are faster and
highly data-informed consistently unbias.
- Automation with Intelligence: Intelligent automation is a combination of AI with automation enabling machines to sense, understand, learn and act by its own with little human assistance. Intelligent automation performs manual tasks making smart insights and decisions any human would do. Its capabilities enable machines to understand processes and their deviations. Additionally AI is also involved across all repetitive strategies boosting efficiency, productivity and drives innovations.
AI in Human Resources opens the door to
limitless opportunities and offers a massive intervention for creating
path-breaking value for all Human Resource Professional.
HR functions and its scope of AI
Artificial Intelligence includes cognitive
engines helps employees arrive at day-to-day decisions in the workplace. The various
decisions and tasks for AI include:
- Updating Employee Information: An employee accesses his/her personal information, including address, emergency contact number, organization details, and approval status of leaves. Conversational AI also helps with analytical and KPI driven information. For example., headcount and top performers.
- Training: AI is a game-changer in the current landscape of skill gaps and enhancement. It is supporting in building personalized learning paths through conversational analytics, leading L&D to new horizons.
Managers conduct skill gap assessments and
plan digital training opportunities. Conversational AI helps managers and
employees track such trainings.
- Recruitment: Cognitive solutions in Artificial Intelligence help tap multiple data sources by enabling candidates to screen efficiently. In addition to this, AI also helps in reducing human bias for shortlisting candidates. Large organizations involving creating AI-augmented Job Descriptions are inclusive and objective, by enabling accurate screening of candidates.
- Automation of low-value tasks: Many tasks consumes a lot of HR time. E.g., onboarding processes, primary benefits and answering common request questions. AI standardizes and automates such responses enabling shifting focus on the more strategic scope of work.
- Employee Engagement: Artificial Intelligence is a vital catalyst in establishing how employees and businesses interact. AI can conduct employee engagement tasks like intelligent surveys, real-time feedback platforms, rewards and recognitions, to name a few.
- Artificial Intelligence in Human Capital Management: AI plays a crucial role in integrating primary HR functions by overhauling an entire employee experience pedigree.
It contributes to building talent processes
to reduce employee turnover and manages critical areas like
- Performance management
- Workforce planning
- People analytics
- Virtual assistance for self-service.
Barriers to adopting AI in HR
- Lack of Skilled Talent: It can be costly considering the dearth of skilled people in integrating HR functions.
- Privacy Concern: Since HR data confidential and needs to be maintained securely. Data security is a massive concern in amalgamating HR functions through Artificial Intelligence.
- Ongoing Maintenance: Constant reviews and upgradations are necessary for Artificial Intelligence, making essential maintenance procedures.
- Complex Integrating capabilities: Data availability is due to shifting towards SAAS (Software as a Service). It is limiting the scope of integrating HR functions technically with full bandwidth.
Points to consider for HR using AI
AI systems cautioned with technology evolving
at a fast pace where organizations needed to exercise.
Following points are essential to consider
while managing AI systems effectively:
- Finding accurate data sets: Real-time and correct data crucial for effective AI results is free from biased and encompassed. So, first, get a right set of data then clear objectives on output driven.
- Using a proper implementation of AI: AI environment is a lot different from other IT environments. It requires specific skills and methodologies for performance. Collecting the right data sources, cleaning and curating are highly important to consider.
- Clarity: It is essential to understand and know the insights to be driven. Hence, there should be clarity and training on learning the correct patterns to study and act.
- Eliminate Bias: AI delivers accurate and unbiased results based on algorithms and logics fed inside a system. Ensures data accuracy of AI, which can’t decide.
AI-based HR interventions strongly raise
employee productivity and help HR professionals in boosting employee’s
performance and experience.
AI-powered HR applications analyze, predicts
and support decision-making for critical stakeholders. Adopting AI solutions
for business needs matches with organization’s culture and develops required
Digital Maps. An AI function influences employees in multiple ways for claiming
a fast-paced and accurate user experience.
Therefore, it is quite crucial focusing on
employee needs by knowing possible outcomes that expect. HR data privacy is a
crucial challenge in AI development. Employee data needs to protect with
appropriate guidelines for administering AI-driven HR interventions. The
policies should not address overall technical and information input processes
but also varied at legal aspects.
A robust AI system fosters an in-depth understanding of people’s behavior and patterns. It consolidates and analyses employee’s moods and intentions on all digital platforms. Human behavior simulated and validated for employee experience.
Implementation, and management, we are here to accelerate innovation and transform businesses. Contextual marketing is a modern marketing strategy to communicate the correct message to the ...