Web push notifications or browser notifications are alert style messages that slide or pop up in the top or bottom corner of your desktop screen. It offers the website visitors to stay updated without installing the app. Through a website or a web app, content can be sent to the users.
Web push notifications only work when the user has opted-in to receive these notifications. These browser push notifications are supported by Firefox, Safari, Chrome, and Opera. It is also to be noted that iOS does not support web push notifications yet. All you need is a click from your visitor that they agree to receive your web notifications.
Here are a few reasons why a Business needs push notification for their website.
- It is consent driven that adds more credibility and value to your brand.
- It channelizes towards real subscribers who are interested in what you offer.
- It helps keep subscribers engaged with promotional content, latest posts and lead magnets.
- It saves time and grows subscribers hassle-free.
Why do Marketers use WPN?
It is used to re-engage visitors with Push notification, and to build and retain its viewers. Media is another sector of marketing that uses Web Push notifications to Re-engage with their targeted audience. It helps in the timely flow of information where users can subscribe by clicking an allow button. Digital Marketers, Editors, Retargeting experts and SEOs enjoy using web push notifications to drive massive traffic to the website.
Here are the communication channels used by E-commerce
- Email- It is the most commonly used channel that advertises upcoming sales and discount offers, gives product suggestions, asks for reviews, and other information such as order confirmation, delivery, tracking details, etc. It is seen that 1 out of 3 people are email users, and as the email stays in the inbox, notifications can be accessed anytime.
- SMS- It is an effective way where a user reads a message within 3 minutes. It communicates crucial business information like” your item will be delivered today”. One of its drawbacks is that it has a limit of 160 characters that control the communications.
- Social media- Many people spend most of their time on social media, which is a platform for the targeted audience. Social media network like Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, and Twitter delivers notifications like short-time offers and discounts.
- Push Notifications- It’s a successful way to promote content that delivers messages in real-time. The option of opt-In/opt-Out gives the user great control over what kind of messages they want to receive.
When can WPN be triggered?
One can send web push notifications at a scheduled time through these types of notifications.
- One- time– Flash sale, product etc., are one-time offer notifications.
- Triggered– These are automated notifications that pop up when users download or sign up from their website.
- Recurring- These are reminder or automated notifications scheduled for a week or month that prompts software subscriptions and E- commerce.
- One should make sure the WPN content is compelling and relevant.
- One should make sure to categorize the subscribers mindfully based on their online activity to get most of your push notification.
- Pick a goal to track conversations and audience’s actions on your website. It can either be the time spent, link clicked, or even custom event goals.
- Keep analytics in mind by checking the impressions, notifications, clicks and new subscribers on your website.
Web push notifications have gained immediate attention in recent times as it Re-engages with the targeted audience effortlessly and is essential to run an E-commerce business.
It reduces the cost factor and gives the ability to send push notifications without investing in an app. Altogether, push notifications is a significant channel for E-commerce as it gives websites the power of instant communication through websites on all devices.