On 5th October every year, we celebrate an outstanding group of people who play a crucial role in building our society- teachers. World Teachers’ Day is a day to recognize their efforts and dedication, express our gratitude, and acknowledge their significant impact on everyone’s lives.
The Essence of World Teachers’ Day
In 1994, UNESCO established World Teachers’ Day to honor teachers worldwide. It celebrates the establishment of the 1966 UNESCO/ILO concerning the position of teachers, which sets the standards for the rights and responsibilities of teachers and their impact on achieving quality education.
Importance of Teachers’ Day
On this particular day, teachers’ noble services and dedication to education are acknowledged, and their significance for the growth of society and students is appreciated.
World Teachers’ Day is the perfect occasion they pay significant tribute to the teachers and try to solve problems in their profession, motivating the brightest young minds towards the work.
Many organizations, such as Education International (IE), UNESCO, UNDP, UNICEF, the International Labor Organization, etc., organize various conferences and campaigns to achieve this objective. Every year, UNESCO allocates a particular theme for World Teachers’ Day, and the whole campaign prioritizes this theme. Every two years, on this day, the UNESCO Handan bin Rashid Al-Maktoum prizes US $300,000 to outstanding teachers.
World Teachers’ Day Theme: 2023 celebrations
The world is facing an unexpected teacher shortage worldwide, aggravated by a decline in their working conditions and status. The 2023 World Teachers’ Day celebration will aim to put the significance of fixing the decrease in the teacher’s numbers and then begin to boost that number at the topmost of the worldwide agenda. That’s why UNESCO has selected the theme “The teachers we need for the education we want: The global imperative to reverse the teacher shortage” for the 2023 World Teachers’ Day celebration.
They will analyze teachers’ challenges through different activities and show encouraging practices to motivate, retain, and attract teachers and educators. Also, it will explore how societies, education systems, and communities actively appreciate, recognize, and support teachers.
Why Do We Celebrate It?
- Gratitude: Teachers are the true unsung heroes who dedicate their valuable energy, time, and effort to nurture young minds. Celebrating World Teachers’ Day allows us to express our gratitude for their quality education and dedication.
- Recognition: World Teachers’ Day made us realize teachers’ unexplained role in building society. The day acknowledges their efforts as well as the impact they make every single day.
- Inspiration: Teachers are educators, motivators, mentors, and role models. Today, we encourage other individuals to consider teaching a noble profession.
- Quality Education: Quality education is everyone’s fundamental right, and teachers are the head of delivering it. Celebrating this effort makes us remember the significance of dedication in teaching.
- Global Solidarity: World’s Teachers’ Day unifies individuals worldwide in supporting and celebrating teachers. It focuses on the requirement for ongoing efforts to improve teachers’ working conditions and status worldwide.
ONPASSIVE’s Latest E-Learning Platform, OCADEMY
ONPASSIVE is a global technology organization that leverages artificial intelligence (AI) technology to offer various digital solutions and services. Its innovative product, OCADEMY, aims to build a learning management solution customized to the unique necessities of multiple institutions, corporations, companies, and universities.
Its goal is to streamline the administration of training initiatives, courses, and education assets, enabling effective and efficient learning management. Through the OCADEMY solution, ONPASSIVE has built a dedicated platform that empowers teachers and simplifies their educational endeavors.
World Teachers’ Day reminds us of teachers’ importance and makes us realize that they are not just educators but also architects of our future. Their passion, effort, and dedication are the foundation of a more educated and brighter world. Let’s celebrate their day with gratitude and valuing their efforts to shape our world.
Visit www.onpassive.com for more tech-related updates.