Due to its numerous business advantages, Robotic Process Automation (RPA) has impacted almost every industry, including FMCG, finance, insurance, manufacturing, healthcare, and automobiles.
According to a Gartner analysis, its adoption has climbed over 25% compared to the previous year. In the next five years, RPA will likely achieve “near-universal acceptance,” according to a recent survey.
Objective & Importance Of RPA Technology
Reducing the time and effort needed by people to complete tedious and repetitive tasks is the primary goal of the use of robotic process automation technologies. RPA enables software robots to execute mundane work that would otherwise be completed by intelligent humans, reducing errors, saving money, and freeing up resources to concentrate on the most crucial tasks that call for human involvement.
The Robotic Process Automation (RPA) sector is experiencing tremendous growth thanks to the integration of AI and Machine Learning technology. RPA development services and solutions can handle rule-based, time-consuming tasks. This suggests that companies can more effectively deploy their resources and increase their return on investment when they adopt robotic process automation.
RPA technology will be the focal point of the entire digital transition and open the door for more corporate expansion. Every professional who has a stake in RPA-related activities, directly or indirectly, is interested in RPA trends, much like its extensive benefits. In this blog, let’s explore more about RPA use cases across industries and where RPA is headed in the near future.
Top RPA Use Cases Of 2022
Various industries across several sectors are now embracing the power of Robotic Process Automation (RPA).
The following are some of the examples of industry-wide use cases of RPA;
RPA In Healthcare Sector
In the healthcare sector, there are several examples of automation. Automated processes have a substantial positive impact on healthcare.
In the healthcare sector, RPA is best for automating the following:
- Payment processing: A sizable RPA develops in the facilities’ payment department in RCM case studies of healthcare. By automating payment processing, hospitals can lighten the stress on their staff.
- Insurance claims management: Patients and hospitals are frequently involved in this process. By using settings set up for collecting claim data, RPA software bots can automate the claims management process.
- Patient registration: This time-consuming process is one of the best RPA advances in healthcare. RPA bots can quickly fill out the patient registration form’s fields and prepare it.
RPA In Telecom Industry
The telecom industry is home to some of the most innovative RPA use cases.
The following processes are automated by telecom firms using RPA:
- Account verification: Telecom firms must verify customers’ accounts choosing postpaid plans. Processing of the documentation must be done manually.
- Report generation: Based on the severity of the connectivity issues, operators must manually create and deliver reports to executives. The most acceptable automation for report generation is RPA.
- Simple inquiry forwarding: RPA bots can automatically forward emails from users and other stakeholders to the appropriate parties.
- Customer number porting: It is one of the best instances of robotic process automation in the telecom industry because it is a straightforward procedure that can be automated.
RPA In Manufacturing Sector
The manufacturing sector has a plethora of RPA use cases.
RPA is used in the manufacturing sector in the following situations:
- Administration and reporting: Generating accurate production reports and providing a clear picture of the state are two of RPA’s main advantages in the industrial sector. It makes it easier to make wise decisions and act quickly when a manufacturing need arises.
- Inventory management: RPA can be used to automate emailing, digitize documentation, check inventory levels, and track product demand.
- Bills of material: RPA case studies in the manufacturing industry show how software bots may automate bills of material by extracting data and supplying accurate data, which reduces errors and transactional concerns.
RPA In The IT Industry
Robotic Process Automation has had a disproportionately large impact on the technology industry.
Here are a few RPA instances in IT operations:
- Installation of tools: Installing tools on the system can be automated with RPA, which will save staff members a tonne of time.
- Configuration: When writing code, developers must set up their environment. RPA works well for automating this environment’s initial setup and configuration because the procedure is the same across all systems.
- Automation testing: It is among the best instances of business process automation in the technology industry. User testing is labour-intensive and filled with tricks. RPA automates common testing scenarios, which are run after each update. As a result, bugs are detected and resolved more quickly.
RPA In Logistics and Supply Chain Management
Documentation and bills of materials are vital components of the logistics sector.
The following are some ways that RPA use cases in the logistics sector and RPA in warehouse management can assist you in finding a solution:-
- Shipping scheduling: Based on information extracted from emails, memoranda, and notes pertaining to shipments, RPA bots update the shipping schedule. It results in speedy shipping and a time reduction of roughly 50%.
- Shipment Tracking: RPA software enables you to install bots that can track shipments and notify the system when they arrive at specific locations. It cuts down on time needed to update the shipment’s progress.
- Notifications about shipments: Keeping track of shipments on a regular basis is laborious. When a milestone is reached, RPA can automatically change the shipment status and send notifications.
RPA In Retail Sector
Retail is a consumer-driven industry, and because it moves so quickly, it is crucial for companies to cut costs and boost productivity.
Along with procurement use cases, here are a few advantages of RPA in the retail sector:
- Product categorization: RPA bots can harvest SKU data to assist organizations in classifying products and determining their market share across various geographies. It will enable the reduction of many labour hours.
- Inventory management is a fantastic RPA case study in the retail industry. Robotic Process Automation bots can supply information for essential commodities and notify the system when there is an overflow or shortage.
- Product Returns: Returning a product necessitates a lot of paperwork and formality. RPA bots make it possible to check the purchase history and expedite the entire return process.
RPA In Customer Service
Customer relationship management can be automated with RPA, and useful customized results can be produced.
It enhances client happiness and the shopping experience by:-
- Quick response: RPA software bots may sort through frequent client questions and provide prompt responses. Of course, it must be coupled with AI for better outcomes.
- Query forwarding: RPA bots can classify inquiries into several groups according to predetermined criteria and then transmit them automatically to the appropriate departments.
- Sales information: RPA may be used to automate customer relationship management by sending data to sales representatives at the touch of a button, saving a tonne of time.
- Data classification: RPA allows businesses to classify clients and trace their paths for improved targeting and service.
RPA In The Insurance Sector
RPA is used in the insurance sector in the following ways:
- Verification of claims: With predetermined rules, robotic process automation enables insurance companies to check claims and reduce false claims.
- Processing time for claims: Data extraction and form completion take much time when processing claims manually. RPA increases the client experience while speeding up procedures.
- Renewals of premiums: RPA works best for automating renewals of premiums in the insurance sector by developing bots to recognize the date and transmit the notice of the premium without human involvement.
Robotic process automation (RPA), becoming a crucial tool for corporate process management in the digital era, is expanding daily. Automation and RPA are undeniably real; the market for RPA will certainly continue to grow in 2022 and beyond.
RPA tools have many uses across multiple sectors. By utilizing these technologies, firms are undergoing digital transformation with greater success rates thanks to a more balanced strategy that balances people, processes, and technology.
The year 2022 will likely mark a critical turning point for RPA as the technology advances and gains new capabilities in various industries and enterprises.