In this article, we will be looking at how serverless computing, serverless architecture, or even referred to as Serverless are incredibly great for creating applications.
Some of the major types of applications that are created using this form of technology are mobile apps, web apps, user interface, etc. all done with the help of powerful serverless computing.
How do you define Serverless architecture?
Serverless architecture does not necessarily mean a lack of servers, and the concept of serverless relies on components of an application that can be distributed between different servers.
The main concept of serverless relies on the principle of components of an application, which is usually distributed between different servers. This form of architecture eliminates the need for application owners in building or maintaining the infrastructure to support this.
Serverless architecture is great as it helps in removing the burden of installing, maintaining, tweaking, and even scaling a server. The serverless model helps to offer a few capabilities, such as:
- Offering additional platform capabilities for assistance, such as monitoring and logging.
- Provisioning and scaling a runtime environment for perfect execution.
- Utilizing an API that can associate a function with events, which act as triggers for execution.
- Running code which acts as functions in providing explicit infrastructure or even managing it.
What are the benefits of serverless architecture?
The various advantages of serverless architecture are:
- A higher reduction in costs, as you pay only what you use and can help in the reduction of costs for idle time.
- This type of architecture increases the possibility of using third-party services, especially a majority of server-side logic.
- One of the best examples of database hosting for applications can be done with AWS DynamoDb. It reduces the development effort of mobile application backend architecture.
- Scalability is the one feature all developers hope to achieve, and with serverless architecture, you can create a scalable solution.
- The entire process of deploying applications lets you increase the overall resilience of a product, and each function is independent of one another.
- Serverless architecture and service availability is no longer a customer concern but is solely attributed to a third-party provider.
In conclusion, going ahead with serverless architecture is solely dependent on business goals, needs as well as resources! Serverless architecture is proven to be a great option for quick and easy deployment of scalable web and mobile apps. We hope you found this article informative in understanding how serverless architecture works. Thanks for reading!