The customer experience has been fundamentally transformed by integrating digital technologies into business processes and company culture. Companies all over the world are being inspired and influenced by digital transformation to evolve their business models and adapt to the digital transformation journey.
Digital transformation is a new reality that is increasingly becoming ingrained in businesses. Companies are gradually adopting the ongoing transformation and seeing results. However, in this case, the customer is driving the change rather than the companies.
Customers nowadays expect to see relevant content on a given platform at all times, regardless of the platform they choose, the region they are in, or the time they browse. Firms are forced to use the latest and best-in-class technologies in order to provide an unrivaled experience for potential customers. As a result, the customer journey must dictate the firms’ strategy-making.
The State Of Digital Transformation
Technological advancements enable a shift in how businesses approach customer service, allowing customers to have even higher expectations. This shift is not new to the tech industry, which is currently undergoing rapid digitization.
Thanks to digital transformation, companies can now provide:
- Instant communication
- Seamless cross-channel support
- Unique customer journeys
- Higher transparency to their customers
These technological advancements have become the norm, and today’s digital consumer expects them.
Businesses must understand how customer expectations have changed as a result of the digital transformation and why a new customer experience strategy is required. Enterprises must take steps towards refining their customer experience using the resources provided by the digital transformation if they want to improve it.
Driving Customer Experience With Digital Transformation
Businesses must first understand their new customers in order to fine-tune their customer experience with the resources provided by digital transformation. As a result, today marks the beginning of a new relationship with your customers.
Here are a few current digital trends that are assisting businesses in improving and personalizing their customer experiences.
1. Personalizing The Digital Customer Experience
According to a study, companies that provide any of these three services to customers are more likely to enjoy digital customer service.
- Being recognized– Customers are more likely to shop online if their names are recognized.
- Offering relevant recommendations– Customers are more likely to spend money online when they are given relevant recommendations based on their previous purchases or preferences.
- Being remembered– Buyers are more likely to purchase if the company is aware of their previous purchases.
Netflix, for example, is a video-on-demand service that focuses on personalizing the digital customer experience and improving the customer journey.
2. Embracing Automation
According to a survey, the majority of customers prefer to interact with computerized systems. These automated systems are accessible at any time, are less biased, and are quick. As a result, these systems improve the overall digital experience of customers. Now is the time if you haven’t already started using automation as part of your digital transformation strategy.
The benefits of automating your business include:
- Time saving- Customers will save time by not having to wait for a response. Human advisors or customer service engage and provide services faster than automated responses. Customers expect service responses within one hour in today’s age and time, regardless of the time or date.
- Reduces prejudice- Customers sometimes believe that human advisors are rude or biased. You can reduce this risk by embracing automation because communication cannot be biased and will always be courteous.
- Increased team efficiency- For a better digital customer experience transformation process, time spent by team members on basic processes like follow-up emails and ticket prioritization should be automated.
3. Providing Multi-Channel Experience
Customers now have access to multiple channels thanks to technological advancements. Customers may believe that a new interaction on a different platform starts a new journey. On the other hand, customers prefer to feel at ease, so new interactions on various platforms feel like extensions of the same journey.
These issues can be overcome by providing a seamless multi-channel experience, which results in:
- Customer experience consistency- According to McKinsey, providing a consistent customer journey through seamless multi-channel results in customer satisfaction and loyalty.
- Lower issue resolution costs- An excellent multi-channel experience that is seamless leads to customer satisfaction, which leads to happier customers. Customers who are delighted using fewer customer care/service channels, lowering the cost of resolving issues.
Companies are connecting business silos, leveraging their customer data, and driving continuous improvement to provide customers with relevant and consistent experiences across all channels and devices.
Digital customer experience is an integral part of how and where brands engage with customers. The connected society has elevated this to a new level. As businesses accelerate their digital transformation, focusing on customer experience transformation should be a strategic priority.
Companies that recognize the value of sustained customer experience transformation efforts will have positive results in terms of increased revenue and efficiency and will not be sorry for taking the necessary steps forward.