Online Marketing, SEO, On-Page SEO, Off-Page SEO
Hello! In this article, you will learn about the fundamentals of the term SEO. There is a lot of hype and internet buzz about this word since businesses and marketing individuals all strive to make their content more SEO centric.
Online marketing can be defined as the method or the practice to spread the good word to a wider audience about your business with the help of the internet. As an online marketer, you can utilize any strategy or tool to help spread the name and message of your company to the public.
SEO stands for Search Engine Optimization and it can be defined as the process of optimizing online content, where search engines display your content on top due to the result of a keyword.
What are the types of SEO?
Google has many algorithmic updates which they constantly roll out, which directly affects the rankings of websites which are displayed in the search results. The two different types of SEO are:
- On-page SEO: Despite the constant changes made in the algorithm, conducting on-page SEO still remains the same. There are some factors which still remain the same such as time spent on-site, click-through rate and many others.
- Off-page SEO: The major factors which are responsible for the improvement of search engines that come into play to improve your off-page SEO are social promotion, content syndication and much more! Some of the other factors which can help to build links on other sites to build your website ranking are link building, social promotion and content syndication.
Some of the elements that you need to be aware of, to try and improve your on-page SEO are:
- Crawl errors: It is an error which can occur and the most common representation is a 404 error. Some other factors which may contribute to crawl errors are slow speeds, impacted rankings, Google penalties and high bounce rates.
- Keyword research: This is an important process as keywords help you find the content that you are looking for. Some of the major types of keywords are long-tail keywords and head keywords.
- Page optimization: It involves doing a particular set of keywords for optimizing pages and writing content. This involves producing content for the search engine as well as your readers.
- Speed: One of the best factors to improve the overall SEO is by increasing the speed at which the page loads. Google has an affinity towards websites, which have content which loads faster than clunky heavier websites.
In conclusion, there are a variety of different factors which are responsible for improving the SEO ranking of a website. By keeping in mind these factors, and actively working towards improving content to make it more SEO centric.
Follow these steps to improve your overall marketing strategy and get more visibility, by getting higher search rankings. Good luck! Introduction to Online Marketing