In the previous article, we have learnt in-depth about the importance of responsive web design. Now, we will be taking a closer look at the SEO benefits of utilizing responsive website design!
It is a well-known fact that over 60% of
websites are not designed in a responsive manner and by boosting your own SEO
strategy, you can also improve your search engine results page.
So here are 10 SEO benefits of responsive
1. Compatibility across various devices:
- Responsive websites automatically adapt to
different screen sizes, when users switch between tablets and laptops.
- The website adapts to different users and can be
efficiently displayed on different screens and sizes.
- It makes it easy for search engines to crawl and
index your website’s content.
- Search engines such as Google need to crawl and
index multiple versions of your website.
2. Mobile-friendly websites are promoted much higher:
- Google boosts mobile-friendly websites since its changing
in the algorithm especially on search engine results pages.
- Now, more than 60% of Google searches are done
- Mobile searches are set to increase over the next
few years by a tremendous amount.
3. Increased speed of websites:
- If your website does not load quickly within a
span of a few seconds, then this will cause people to get uninterested and go
to other websites.
- When you ensure that your websites are speedy,
Google will deliver your website on a much higher spot in the search engine
4. Lower Bounce Rate:
- Responsive web design has a much lower bounce
rate and Google frequently crawls through websites to monitor the bounce rate
and boosts your SEO ranking.
- Unresponsive web design is the biggest
contributor to a higher bounce rate.
5. Improved User Experience:
- Improving user experience is a great way of
improving your SEO rankings and you must make sure that visitors can navigate
through your website without any problems.
- By increasing the experience of your user on your
website, you can increase the overall time spent on your website.
6. Cost-Effective in Nature:
- Having a single responsive website will go a long
way in being more cost-effective and helps to boost SEO rankings as well.
- This is much better than spending more money on
7. Backlinks are Boosted:
- Building backlinks is the core of any SEO
strategy and the better quality of credible and authoritative websites will
lead to a better quality of websites being built.
- Building links on a single domain is a much
better idea as it helps to improve responsiveness and SEO of your website.
8. Avoiding Duplicate Content:
- Having different websites means you must create
the same content twice, which means that your work is only getting doubled.
- You must ensure that your web content is on a
single domain so that Google can easily crawl, index and organize your content
9. More Sharing on Social Media:
- Responsive web design ensures that users can
share content on Facebook and Twitter as it is optimized for their visibility.
- A majority of social media activity is available
on social media devices and not having a responsive website would lead to poor
SEO rankings as well.
10. Google’s Algorithm:
- Google holds a monopoly of the market share in
terms of search engines and accounts for 85% of the overall market share.
- Google prefers websites which are designed in a
responsive manner, and due to this, it becomes a must-have for every website.
In conclusion, these are the 10 SEO
benefits of responsive web design. It is essential that you understand the
numerous benefits of utilizing responsive web design so that you can implement
them in the future.
Implementation, and management, we are here to accelerate innovation and transform businesses. Contextual marketing is a modern marketing strategy to communicate the correct message to the ...