When the man-made machines require the intelligence of a human, along with the capability to reserve the data more than a human can, this is known as Artificial Intelligence.
A man-made machine when works like a human mind on the basis of logic that is fed to is based on artificial intelligence.
AI in marketing is already in use for quite a time. In fact, we use AI on a daily basis
- Searching information on Google
- Sometimes automated emails also use AI to send an email, based on the interactions that have been made earlier with a business or website.
- Online advertisements also use AI to determine the viewer of that ad, based on the users’ previous search, interest, and subscription.
- Chatbots are common nowadays as online messengers to guide or assist the customers with required information by the company people.
- ‘Google Assists’ also use AI to do the voice search on smartphones, Alexa, smart televisions, etc.
AI Working Process:
Artificial Intelligence uses machine learning to act like a human brain. The computers are programmed to respond according to the action, by using algorithms and historical data.
AI is capable to do more than it’s doing in common for online marketing and advertisement like adding people to email automation, invitation links for us to save up the time.
How do marketers use AI?
AI plays a crucial role to determine searcher’s needs or requirements and provide the best search results based on the keywords used for searching.
For example: When someone Googles the keyword ‘pizza’, AI works to figure out, if the person is looking about the recipe of pizza or pizza outlets or the type of pizza the person wants to order, etc. based on the keyword used by the person.
Sometimes in case of random ads in different channels, AI determines which user to show and to whom not to show the ad, based on the users’ previous search results and interests.
However, manpower is also required in the marketing sector to ensure that AI is not working in a harmful way. After all, they are machines, not human beings.
Modern Marketing Technologies:
In respect to the modern marketing technologies, here are a few ways showing how AI helps:
- Marketing Experiences — more specialized technologies that directly affect prospects and customers across their lifecycle, such as advertising, email, social media, SEO, content marketing, etc.
- Marketing Operations — the tools and data for managing the “back-office” of marketing, such as analytics, MRM, DAM, and agile marketing management.
- Marketing Backbone Platforms such as CRM, marketing automation, content management, and e-commerce engines.
- Infrastructure services such as databases, big data management, cloud computing, and software development tools.
- Internet services such as Facebook, Google, and Twitter that underlie today’s marketing environment.
Hence, to conclude, this is what artificial intelligence is all about and how it works. The working sector of AI is vast and honestly, no amount of words is enough to describe it.