Online marketing or Internet marketing plays a pivotal role in success of any business. To market your product and services, you need the support of online marketing. It will improve the brand visibility, traffic and overall sales.
Now-a-days everything can be done online from buying tickets to buying furniture for home. Internet has revolutionized our life style. Every business should utilize this opportunity and make their business available on the internet. This will allow you to reach wider audience. Also with the online presence, business can show customers that it is active hence will be able to win and retain a large customer base. Online marketing involves lots of steps few of which we will be discussing below.
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO):
All major search engines like Google and Yahoo uses keywords and phrases to display search results which are relevant to users. The step which business takes to improve their rankings on the search engine result page is known as SEO. However, SEO is not only restricted to keywords and phrases. A successful search engine optimization campaign can be broken down into three simple steps:
- Know your Customers and their search habits: Knowing your customers are the first and most essential step for SEO marketing. One should know about their targeted customers before making any changes to the website. Once you become certain who the targeted customers are, it is very important to also know about their search habits (i.e. Search terms they use and why)
- Website Optimization and Content Update: After having customer’s information handy, it’s time to figure out how you want them to find you on online. This mean restructuring website pages and updating titles or descriptions. Nothing attracts search engine traffic more than a new page, updated content relevant to the targeted audience.
- Maximizing Sales from Website Visitors: Often people assume that getting top ranking on search engine will eventually convert into more sales; however that’s not always the case. One should keep looking for ways to improve their conversion rates.
- Email Marketing:
The process of sending commercial messages to a group of people through email is known as Email marketing. It is considered to be one of the best way to generate sales and for customer’s retention. Now-a-days we have various tools available online which can help new and small business to manage their email marketing easily.
- Social Media Marketing (SMM):
Social Media Platform’s like Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter etc. have millions of users worldwide and does provides an opportunity to the businesses to reach these prospective customers. Few advantages of Social media marketing’s are:
- Interaction with Customers: SMM allows you to interact with customers and hence builds that trust factor
- Host Giveaways and Sales: Through SMM business can host giveaways and sales to attract customers
Whatever Online Marketing steps you use, make sure that you can track the progress. Tracking the progress will help you to figure which marketing method is working and which one is not so that the necessary changes can be made.
Hopefully the above information will help you in getting started with your online marketing. Though Online Marketing is a broad topic, we have tried to cover most of frequently used options small business can utilize and make their presence felt online.