In the previous article, we have learnt about the different types of advertising such as above the line, below the line and through the line of advertising. Advertising is crucial for any business and is fundamentally more important for your business than you realize.
You need to choose a well-crafted message which specifically caters to the medium of your choosing. With the explosion of digital media, there are even more different types of advertisements than ever before!
The main different kinds of advertising are:
- Display ads
- Social media ads
- Newspapers and magazines
- Outdoor advertising
- Radio and podcasts
- Direct mail
Now, we will be learning about the major kinds of advertising in even more detail which are:
1. Display ads:
- Display ads include digital and newspaper advertising and they are the updated version of newspaper advertising.
- It is the same concept but has been re-adapted for the 21st century.
- You must always buy ad space on websites which may be of interest to your target demographic.
- By creating text ads which can essentially look like traditional print media ads and the floating banner is just above the site’s contact as well.
2. Social media ads:
- Some of the different social media sites offer relatively cheaper advertising options such as Pinterest, Instagram and Facebook.
- The kind of advertisement such as paid social media ads focuses on specifically reaching out to a target audience and how much your pay is adjusted.
- Organic social media ads are the type of advertisements which helps in generating more word-of-mouth.
3. Newspapers and magazines:
- These are more traditional and are less effective which can be still effective and by combining different types of advertisements can be crucial in obtaining a great marketing strategy!
- A majority of print media has digital versions to get the best possible combination of advertisements available.
4. Outdoor advertising:
- Since billboards have gone more digital in making more effective statements and can help to feature your products or services.
- Promoting this method can help you gain more excellent brand recognition.
5. Radio and podcasts:
- This type of advertisement is traditional and can often be repeated as part of a radio or podcast show.
- Based on your target audience, you have a higher chance of gaining more subscribers as well.
6. Direct mail
- Direct mail is great for sending out compelling emails to your target audience, especially in returning on investment.
- Direct or personal sales are a great medium of advertising especially for small businesses and good salespeople can use their skills in persuading customers to buy products.
In conclusion, these are different kinds of advertising. We wish you the best of luck with your advertising campaigns. Thanks for reading!